What information do we collect?
Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the Online Services, including when you:
- create an account;
- create a FlavorPrint profile;
- use the FlavorPrint add-on tools on our trusted third-party partners' websites;
- rate, view, contribute, review and shop recipes;
- sign up to receive our electronic newsletters;
- participate in polls or surveys; or
- otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your picture;
- contact information such as physical address, email address, and phone number;
- username, password, and other registration information;
- your food and cooking-related preferences and restrictions and things you avoid;
- transaction-related information such as loyalty data, shopping data; and
- information you provide us when you contact us.
Information Automatically Collected From You – We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer, tablet, or mobile or other device when you use the Online Services, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Online Services, the pages you view on a trusted third-party partner’s website when you use the FlavorPrint add-on tool on that website, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Online Services, and the search terms you enter on the Online Services. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that are saved on your computer using your web browser and accessed when you return, or similar technologies. This information helps us to recognize you, enhance your shopping experience on our trusted third-party partners' websites, personalize your experience if you return to the Online Services, and generally to improve the Online Services and the services we provide.
Precise Real-Time Location Information – Our or our partners mobile apps may collect precise, real-time information about the location of your mobile device (e.g., through your device’s global positioning system capability), but only with your express consent. Once you have consented to the collection of this information, you may adjust this consent by managing your Location Services preferences through the settings of your mobile device.
How do we use this information?
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- creating and updating your FlavorPrint profile;
- customizing your experience when using the Online Services, such as by tailoring content to your interests and suggesting products, services, and recipes that may be of interest based on your FlavorPrint profile and other information you have provided;
- enhancing your shopping experience on trusted third-party partners' websites;
- providing you with products, services, or information you request;
- delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- helping our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics and preferences of our users;
- providing you with information about the Online Services or required notices;
- allowing us to improve the Online Services and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users' needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Online Services; and
- detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms of Service, violations of law, or other misuse of the Online Services.
- Promotional and notification emails and circulars notification and personalization.
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Online Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes, including delivering targeted advertisements that are based on your previous online activity on the Online Services and on other websites.
Under what circumstances do we disclose this information?
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Online Services:
- to service providers with whom we work or who work on our behalf, and who have agreed to use the information solely in furtherance of our operations and business activities, including, but not limited to, service providers who help us manage our information activities (e.g., develop aggregate-level insights based on statistical analyses);
- to a third-party partner on whose website you have used the FlavorPrint add-on tool and other third-party business partners, who may use that information to deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (a) to protect our rights, the integrity of the Online Services, or your safety or the safety of others, or (b) to detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms of Service, violations of law, or other misuse of the Online Services;
- to third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets; and
- to third parties, who may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Online Services, in order to facilitate the delivery of marketing communications, including targeted advertisements regarding our products and services and the products and services of third parties, on the Online Services and on third-party websites.
In addition, we may share de-identified reports on user demographics, preferences, and traffic patterns, as well as other de-identified information, with third parties, including our third-party partners.
The Online Services may contain third party links and the FlavorPrint add-on tools may appear on websites operated by our third-party partners. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties that are not under our control, including our third-party partners. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website, online application, and mobile app that you visit.
Where is this information processed?
Information collected through the Online Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level protection for your personal information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the United States to our affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries. By using the Online Services, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States and these other countries.
How is your information secured?
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Online Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Online Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
What information do I need to submit?
The Online Services are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California and have provided your personally identifiable information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing at the following email address: email@example.com.